The mission of the athletic programs of Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School is to provide student athletes with competitive opportunities in interscholastic sports. It is our goal that each student athlete will learn and demonstrate the life long values of leadership, sportsmanship, teamwork, and integrity.
Ánimo Ralph Bunche offers five athletic teams for both boys and girls to join.
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
To participate in athletics at Animo Ralph Bunche, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School follows the guidelines established by the CIF Blue Book. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5 for the previous grading period to remain eligible. Students who fall between a 2.0 and a 2.5 GPA, are placed on probation for one quarter. Additionally, athletes must meet the Ánimo eligibility requirement of not receiving a grade of “F” in any subject.
- Students must exhibit satisfactory citizenship and conduct on and off the field.
- Students must observe all regulations outlined in the current addition of the CIF Blue Book.
- Students must pass a physical examination given by a medical doctor.
- Students must carry adequate insurance.