Mental Health Services
The Ánimo Ralph Bunche Charter High School counselors are here to support students and families with a holistic approach, providing services in both academics and non-school-related issues. Emotional health is just as important as your academics. If you find yourself in need of someone to talk to, the counselors are here for you. They can assist you if you have experienced or are experiencing:
- High levels of stress and anxiety
- Trouble with anger management
- Grief and loss
- Relationship issues
In addition, you may request for a referral to receive further support through individual counseling. Individual counseling provides students with an opportunity to speak one-on-one with a professional counselor. One-on-One counseling is totally confidential and voluntary. If you do not wish to receive services on site, a referral can be made to receive services outside of school. If you are unsure if you want individual counseling, come to the counseling office for more information.
- Mr. Jorge Dominguez, counselor: email@example.com
- Ms. Heidi Parragil, counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Cora Palma, psychiatrist: email@example.com
These are additional resources available to you:
- Suicide: If you or someone you know if considering suicide, and you are not able to speak with your counselor, parent, teacher, relatives, or friends, consider visiting the Yellow Ribbon Website. It is very important that you discuss this matter with someone immediately.
- Planned Parenthood: Information about STDs and pregnancy-related information, programs, and issues are available through Planned Parenthood. For medical questions or to schedule an appointment with the nearest Planned Parenthood center, call toll-free 1-800-230-PLAN.
- Mental Health Resources: This Website offers additional mental health services.
- Teen Central: Explore Teen Central, a Website written by, for, and about teens. This site features celebrity stories, real-teen tales, and anonymous help-line, and crisis counseling.