Parent Volunteer Requirement
Parents of Ánimo students are responsible to contribute 17.5 hours per semester or a total of 140 hours in order to be eligible for graduation. Ánimo Locke Tech offers many opportunities for parents to complete volunteer hours:
- A maximum of 10 minutes a day for checking child’s agenda book, helping with homework, and verifying all homework has been completed. **Off campus logs must be kept & submitted to an administrator in order to receive service hour credit.**
- A maximum of 10 minutes a day for logging onto Power School to check student’s grades, check missing assignments in every class, and read daily bulletin. **Parents must use the assigned parent logins provided by the school in order to receive service hour credit.**
- Organizing school events through one of the Parent Committees
- Supervising at extra-curricular social activities: dances, field trips, etc.
- Taking your children on academic enrichment trips: visiting college campuses, museums, libraries, college fairs, etc. **Off campus logs must be kept & submitted to an administrator in order to receive service hour credit.**
- Donating special services to school: translating documents to Spanish, data entry, publishing parent newsletter, translating at school events, preparing school flyers/announcements, etc.
- x hours for receiving Powerschool log-in information from Mr. Lopez in the Main Office. Click here for Contact Information.
- x hours for attending "coffee with the principal"
- x hours for attending one School Advisory Council Meeting
- Observing your child’s class or assisting your child/teacher in the classroom with their learning.
- Helping teachers in classroom: especially during mid-terms and finals.
- Helping with set-up and clean-up for lunch.
- Serving lunch and supervising lunch time activities every day.
- Supervising/coaching after-school sports program.
- Chaperoning curricular field trips
- Attending certain advertised non-mandatory school events such as Back to School Night.
- Students who receive a 3.5 GPA will earn 10 hours of service for their parents each semester.
- Students who receive a 3.0 GPA will earn 5 hours of service for their parents each semester.
- Students who receive perfect attendance will earn 10 hours of service for their parents each semester.
- Students who have no more than 3 excused absences will earn 5 hours of service for their parents each semester.
If you have a day off of work or would like to schedule times, please call the office. Parents who do not contribute 17.5 hours of service per semester will be put on probation and, at the end of the year, their status will be reviewed. The ultimate penalty will be when a student does NOT participate in the high school graduation ceremony because their parents have not completed their 140 hours of service (35 hours per year).
Student Homework Accountability
It is expected that students complete all homework assigned by teachers. Parents will be responsible for making sure that students have the resources, time, and environment to complete all homework. Ánimo Locke Tech encourages parents to check student’s homework assignments in the student’s agenda book every day. We highly recommend parents log these homework checks on the Off Campus Service Hour Log, which can then be submitted to Mr. Lopez for service hour credit.