Emergency Response Plans
The schools emergency policies and procedures are formulated with the guidance of local law enforcement and Green Dot Public Schools in order to prepare for:
- Terrorist (bomb, chemical) threats
- Plane crash
- Smog episodes
Ànimo Pat Brown staff will implement and maintain the following:
- A site-specific disaster preparedness plan.
- Training for all staff on the elements of the plan, as well as an instruction program in first-aid and CPR.
- A stockpile of emergency and medical supplies, back up communication equipment, and two-days worth of food and water at the school site.
- Placards posted in classrooms and offices, which indicate evacuation routes.
- Emergency cards on file for all students and staff.
- Fire and drop drill maneuvers understood and drilled on a regular basis.
- Established policy on the release of students to parents or guardian.
- Clearly understood policy on the release of school and district staff and their emergency assignments.
- Clearly outlined procedures for use of school facilities as emergency shelters.