School Advisory Council
The SAC shall review a school plan addressing the following focus areas before September 15th for the ensuing academic year. The SAC will subsequently monitor the plan and applicable data, and if necessary, recommend modifications to the plan to reflect changing needs and/or priorities throughout the year:
- Curricula, instructional strategies and materials responsive to the individual needs and learning styles of our students.
- Instructional and auxiliary services to meet the needs of non-English-speaking or limited-English-speaking students; students with special or exceptional needs; and advanced students.
- A professional development program for teachers, other school personnel, paraprofessionals, and volunteers, including those participating in special programs.
- Build the schools’ and parents’ capacity for strong parental involvement and develop and annually review a written parent involvement policy, pursuant to No Child Left behind.
The policy shall:
- Provide the coordination, technical assistance, and other support necessary to assist the school in planning and implementing effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
- Coordinate and integrate parental involvement strategies [under Title I] with parental involvement strategies under other programs as appropriate.
- Conduct, with the involvement of parents, an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parental involvement policy in improving the academic quality of the schools, including identifying barriers to greater participation by parents in activities (with particular attention to parents who are economically disadvantaged, are disabled, have limited English proficiency, have limited literacy, or are of any racial or ethnic minority background), and use the findings of such evaluation to design strategies for more effective parental involvement, and to revise, if necessary, the parental involvement policies described in this section.
- Involve parents in the activities of the school.
- Discuss and develop a plan for the distribution of stipends and other forms of compensation including release time for services provided outside the normal instructional day, pursuant to the Agreement between Green Dot Public Schools and the Asociación de Maestros Unidos (AMU). This plan will be submitted to the Green Dot Governing board for ratification prior to September 30th of each year.
- Determine the calendar for the following academic year and submit the calendar to the Green Dot Governing Board for ratification prior to May 15 of each year.
- Review the school budget to assure spending in accordance with the goals of the plan. The SAC will recommend the school budget for the ensuing fiscal year before the principal submits it for Green Dot Public Schools Board approval.
- Include other activities and objectives as designated by the Green Dot Board of Directors.