Our School at a Glance
|Address:||820 Broadway St|
Venice, CA 90291
Wendy Mendoza, Office Manager
Main Office: (310)392-8751
Fax: (310) 392- 8752
Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year! I am honored to serve as your principal and look forward to an amazing school year as we prepare our young adults for College, Leadership, and Life.
I have four core beliefs about education:
- Student Development and Achievement is our primary purpose and we must be accountable for all students’ learning and growth at high levels.
- The teaching and learning environment is the pathway to establishing positive school experiences and to motivate students to dream big and work hard.
- Students should be expected to be respectful, dedicated, hardworking individuals that give 100% and seek assistance when in need.
- Parent Engagement supports and maintains the educational process while setting a personal and character development standard for students. Parents are a vital part of the success of the students at Animo Venice and I invite you to get involved.
I believe in an open door policy, any questions or concern do not hesitate to reach out. You may contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 310-392-8751.
Julio Murcia, Principal
Click the image above to apply online. Please have available:
- Your student’s 5-digit school ID number
- If applicable to anyone in your household, their benefit case number (CalWorks/CalFresh)
If applying online, you do not need to submit a paper application to the school office.
Only one free and reduced meal application needs to be completed per household.
News and Announcements
Applications for incoming 9th graders can be picked up in the main office.
Student Led campus Tours: Every Tuesday and Thursdays between 3:30pm- 4:30pm
9th grade Lottery 2015-2016 ( Loteria del 9no grado 2015-2016)
Enrollment packets will be mailed out January 12, 2015. Please contact the main office if you have don't receive one by January 16th/ Los paquetes de inscripcion seran enviados por correo el 12 de enero del 2015. Si no recibe el paquete de inscripcion para el 16 de enero, llame a la oficina.
Enrollment packets must be completed and returned to our office no later than January 29th at 3:00pm. El paquete de inscripcion debe ser completado y regresado a nuestra oficina a mas tardar el 29 de Enero a las 3:00pm.
Parent orientation/Student expectations/enrollment meeting- February 17th through the 27th and March 9th through the 13th.
Orientacion de padres/ expectativas estudiantiles/ entrevistas de inscripcion- Febrero 17al 27, y Marzo 9 al 13.
Spanish Placement exam- May 2nd time(TBD): El examen de colocacion de espanol- Mayo 2 la hora no ha sido determinada.
Summer Bridge- July 6th through July 17th/ El puente de verano sera desde el 6 de Julio al 17 de Julio.
English and Math placement exams will be given during Summer Bridge/ El examen de colocacion de Ingles y matematicas sera dado durante el programa de verano.
If you have any further questions, please contact the main office. Si tiene alguna otra pregunta por favor de llamar a la oficina.
Office Hours Schedule
School calendar for 2014-2015
January Lunch Menu
Special Education Parent Training(English)
Special Education Parent Training(Spanish)
Digital Art Class Wishlist: Please click here to donate Animoart.org/wishlist
SRLA Fundraiser: Shakey's in Culver CIty- January 14 2015 @ 5:00pm
Physics Students: The Rube Goldberg Machine Team
Congratulations to THE RUBE GOLDBERG MACHINE TEAM! They have made it to Nationals.
We need your help and support to help a group of 6 students attend Nationals. They will be traveling to Pewaukee, Wisconsin. We need funding for trasportation( flights, rental cars etc...) We also need to ship the entire machine.
Any donors can make a check payable to Greendot Public Schools- Att: AV Rube Goldberg.
You can also visit: www.gofundme.com/avchs-rubegoldberg
Thank you in advance!